A 19 year old teenager from Maastricht who traveled to Syria in September to join terrorist organization Islamic State (ISIS), died in Syria last week.
During an appeal in the court in the Hague, the Public Prosecutor demanded a 2 year prison sentence for a 23 year old suspect who planned to travel to Syria to join the international jihad.
The alleged jihad recruiter Azzedine C., better known as Abou Moussa, is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This his lawyer, André Seebregts, said yesterday. Seebregts advocated for lifting C.'s custody.
The mother of the convicted jihadist Maher H. does not agree with the sentencing of her son.
The 20 year old Maher H. has been sentenced to three years in prison for participating in the jihad in Syria. H.'s wife, the 20 year old Shukri F., has been acquitted. She was suspected of recruiting jihadists. This is the verdict of the court in The Hague.
The father of the alleged suicide bomber Sultan Berzel says that his son's departure to join the jihad was completely unexpected. Abdessamad Berzel has been living in crushing uncertainty for the last two weeks, wondering if the suicide bomber was really his son.
A mother from Maastricht has single-handedly rescued her daughter from the Syrian city of Raqqa. Raqqa is regarded as the capital city of the caliphate of the terrorist organization Islamic State (ISIS).
The alleged jihad recruiter Abou Moussa has gone on a hunger and thirst strike in protest against his treatment in the prison in Vught.
On October 29th the police arrested a 20 year old man from Rotterdam who is suspected of having made preparations to participate in the armed struggle in Syria.
The Public Prosecutor confirmed that a 16 year old girl from Tilburg was retained in Hungary because she was possibly on her way to join the terrorist organization Islamic State (ISIS).
A 23-year-old man who intended to take a 16-year-old girl to Syria heard a demand for 240 hours of community service plus a three-month conditional prison service this morning. The court heard several jihadists for the first time today.
According to his lawyer Derk van der Heijden, one of the two jihad suspects from Huizen wants to get rid of his ankle monitor.
The police have arrested another suspect in the investigation of jihadists.
The 40 year old man from the Hague was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of involvement in the terrorist organization, the police announced on Wednesday.
The man reported himself to the police office after the police had invited him. Including this man, 12 people have been arrested during this investigation.
Bombing is not always a solution in the fight against ISIS, Minister of Defense Jeanine Hennis Plasschaert said on Tuesday.
The Netherlands are definitely part of the fight against terrorist organization Islamic State (ISIS) now that the first bombs have been dropped.
Four Dutch F-16's carried out missions yesterday. During the second action two F-16's dropped three bombs on ISIS armoured vehicles that were attacking Kurdish fighters in the northern Iraqi city of Dohuk, close to the Turkish-Syrian border. The armoured vehicles were destroyed and an unknown number of ISIS-combatants were probably killed, according to the Ministry of Defense.
The Dutch jihad fighter who recently called for "firm action" against the Dutch government in a video from Aleppo, has been identified as the 28 year old Abdelkarim el Atrach from Arnhem.
The Dutch government withdrew the passports of 49 people identified as suspected jihadists, Minister of Justice Ivo Opstelten said. Speaking on television show WNL, Opstelten said 41 of those were believed to be planning to fight in Syria or Iraq, while the other eight had their passports invalidated to prevent them from re-entering the Netherlands.
Dutch authorities have revoked the Dutch passport of jihadist Muhajiri Sháám and removed him from the census administration.
After a video appeared on Facebook in which a Dutch jihadist in Syria calls on his "brothers in The Netherlands and Belgium" to take action, Dutch intelligence services sounded the alarm. Dick Schoof of the National counter-terrorism unit NCTV says that the threat level "remains substantial", the NOS reports.
In The Hague, police arrested a 29-year-old man in his home Tuesday on suspicion of his involvement in the jihadist forces in Syria. According to the police, he is also suspected of possessing incendiary texts. The man is one of several arrested by the police for traveling in or out of Syria.
The ISIS jihadist Khalid K. from Almere was killed in fighting in North-Iraq. Various Kurdish fighters from the Peshmerga army confirm the death of the feared jihad fighter, De Telegraaf reports.
For the first time, a Dutch national has been arrested because he fought in Syria. The Public Prosecution Authority (OM) announced on Tuesday that the 20-year old man from Amsterdam was arrested last week. According to the OM, he was carrying "terror-inciting texts" with him and planned a trip to Syria. The man is not suspected of recruiting other people for jihad.