Athletics coach Jerry M. from Rotterdam is suspected of sexually abusing young athletes at multiple clubs since 1983, even getting two underage girl pregnant, the Telegraaf reports. Almost all of M.'s crimes have since become barred, but according to the newspaper, the police were aware of signs that the now 58-year-old man were abusing young athletes since at least 2000.
A 17-year-old boy from Noord-Holland has been in custody in Spain for four months. Two underage British girls accused him of sexual assault, but no official charges have yet been filed against Charly T. The teenager himself denies the girls' accusations, AD reports.
"The Spanish judiciary is pretending I had a terrible Master Plan to get two underage girls drunk and then sexually abuse them. But that is not so. I am not a serious criminal", T. said in a telephone interview with Nieuws en Co on NPO Radio 1.
Information from a Dutch investigation into child pornography helped the Philippine police to free two children from a sexual abuse situation this week. A 34-year-old Philippine man was arrested for offering the two young girls to customers around the world for online sexual abuse, the Dutch police said in a statement.
Jos B., the 56-year-old man suspected of sexually assaulting and killing 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in Brunssummerheide in 1998, denies having anything to do with the child's death. He did confess to viewing child pornography, but said in court on Wednesday that he downloaded it accidentally, the Telegraaf reports.
The police raided three buildings belonging to the Jehovah's Witnesses last month in an investigation into sexual abuse within the religious community. Four homes were also searched, with the goal of finding documents on internal investigations, NU.nl reports.
The police must conduct digital investigations more often in cases where child sex abuse is suspected, the National Rapporteur on Human Trafficking and Sexual Abuse Against Children said in a new report. "The police do a lot of digital research in online cases, such as child pornography, but with physical sexual abuse that is not yet standard", Rapporteur Herman Bolhaar said. A third of child sexual abuse cases are dropped due to a lack of evidence. That's about 500 cases a year, NOS reports.
The charges against Jos B., the man suspected of involvement in the death of Nicky Verstappen in 1998, was lessened by the court in Limburg. B. is no longer facing a murder charge, but manslaughter, sources confirmed to De Limburger.
According to the newspaper, there is insufficient evidence in the case that B. killed the 11-year-old boy with premeditation. The court therefore lessened the charge to manslaughter. The maximum prison sentence for murder is life, the maximum sentence for manslaughter is 15 years.
The police discourage parents from filing charges if they believe their child is being sexually abused at a childcare institution, BOinK, the interest group for parents in childcare, and lawyers who work with sex crime victims said to RTL Nieuws. The police told the broadcaster that they have to discuss the chances of a case's success with parents, but it is not meant to be a discouragement.
A child pornography and sexual abuse case in the Gelderland town of Alem may be much larger than the authorities believed. A 45-year-old man is already accused of making child pornography of eight children. But the Public Prosecutor now believes that there may be 20 more victims, was revealed in a pro-forma hearing in the court in Zutphen on Thursday, AD reports.
A 77-year-old man from Amsterdam was sentenced to four years in prison by the court in Zwolle. He was convicted of sexually abusing four girls in Southeast Asia, for creating, possessing, sharing and importing child pornography, and for possessing and importing animal pornography, NU.nl reports.
A ghost tour in Best was cut short on Saturday evening after four underage girls were grabbed and molested by three adult men, the Oost-Brabant police confirmed to newspaper AD.
The victims, aged 12 to 17 years, were dressed in costumes and stood at the canal with another girl and two adults to frighten participants during the tour. At around 9:00 p.m. three men, aged around 25 years, came up to the group and grabbed the older girls' breasts and buttocks. The younger girls were also grabbed.
A 66-year-old Dutch man was arrested in Kenya for sexually assaulting multiple underage girls in the African country. Hans V. is accused of "defiling" three girls, aged 8, 9, and 10 years, in 2016, the Kenyan police said on Twitter.
According to the police, V. was arrested in Kasarani by detectives from the Child Protection Unit on Thursday. He will appear in court on Friday.
The court in Alkmaar sentenced 26-year-old Lars de R. from Krommenie to four years in prison and institutionalized psychiatric treatment for sexually abusing 10 underage boys in Netherlands, India and Croatia, NOS reports.
De R. became famous when he reached the finals of talent show Holland's Got Talent at the age of 16 in 2009. The court found him guilty of having sex with ten boys multiple times over the course of eight years. The youngest victim was 4-years-old at the time.
A former group leader of youth care institution Hoenderloo Groep in Apeldoorn appeared in court on Monday on charges of forcing an underage girl at the institution into prostitution. The PvdA will ask parliamentary questions about this case, Omroep Gelderland reports.
The Public Prosecutor added a charge of possession of child pornography against Jos B., the man already suspected of sexually abusing and killing 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in Brunssummerheide in 1998. The 55-year-old man was reprimanded into another 90 days of custody by the court on Thursday, NU.nl reports.
The Public Prosecutor "has no case" against Jos B., the 55-year-old man from Simpelveld suspected of sexually assaulting and murdering 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in Brunssummerheide in 1998, B.'s lawyer Gerald Roethof said to RTL Nieuws on Tuesday.
Earlier on Tuesday Roethof told NU.nl that he still had to study additional documents the Prosecutor sent him.
Jos B., the man suspected of involvement in the murder of 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in 1998, went on a summer camp with young scouts in Belgium just two weeks after the Dutch Boy's murder. He spent several days with the young scouts as guest leader, De Limburger reports based on its own research.
Scouting club Sint Hubertus from Nuth stayed in Ozo in the Belgian Ardennes from August 22nd to 29th, 1998. Nicky was found murdered at a summer camp in Brunssummerheide on August 10th of that year.
A 17-year-old boy from Voorst was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of sexually abusing two 9-year-old boys in Empe, the police said in a statement.
On Saturday the police received a report that two children were being harassed in Empe. Investigation led the police to the teenager from Voorst. He is in custody for further investigation.
The police did not give any further information. According to Omroep Gelderland, the incident took place at the Empe primary school.
Jos B., the man suspected of involvement in the murder of 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in 1998, will be extradited to the Netherlands on Thursday afternoon, his Spanish lawyer said. The lawyer did not say what time exactly, or to which airport in the Netherlands B. would be brought to, RTL Nieuws reports.
So far the Dutch Public Prosecutor made no statements about when B. will be extradited.
The usual procedure was deviated from in awarding the Human Rights Defender Tulip to the Jordanian prince Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein, Minister Stef Blokf of Foreign Affairs acknowledged to the Telegraaf.
Jos B., the man suspected of killing 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in 1998, will be extradited to the Netherlands on Wednesday. He will be picked up in Spain with a special plane and brought to the Netherlands under the guard of Interpol employees, Spanish public broadcaster RTVE reports based on sources.
Jos B., the 55-year-old man suspected of involvement in the murder of 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in 1998, will be extradited to the Netherlands, a Spanish court ruled on Monday afternoon. This should happen within the coming days, ANP reports.
Jos B., a 55-year-old man suspected of involvement in the murder of 11-year-old Nicky Verstappen in 1998, was arrested in Spain on Sunday afternoon, the police confirmed on Sunday evening. He is currently in a Spanish cell and will be extradited to the Netherlands shortly, the police said.