The police arrested three suspects in connection with the murder of Reduan Bakkali, brother of key witness Nabil Bakkali, in Amsterdam on Thursday. The main suspect was arrested on Friday night, the other two on Saturday morning, the police said in a statement.
The police have clear footage of the man who murdered 41-year-old Reduan Bakkali in Amsterdam on Thursday morning. The gunman was filmed by security cameras in the building in which Bakkali's business is located, the Telegraaf reports.
According to the newspaper, the perpetrator was caught on camera when he entered the victim's business for a job interview. He shot Bakkali when he waked upstairs with him.
A 24-year-old man from Utrecht was arrested for the murder of former criminal and crime writer Martin Kok in Laren in 2016.
The suspect was already detained in the prison in Alphen aan den Rijn on suspicion of another crime, RTL Nieuws reports. He was again arrested on Wednesday morning on suspicion of involvement in Kok's murder. He is in restricted custody, which means that he is only allowed contact with his lawyer.
On Wednesday the police started searching a number of cellars, garages and sheds in the Amsterdam neighborhood of Wittenburg. They are looking for any suspicious situations that may have to do with recent fatal shootings in the neighborhood, Het Parool and AT5 report.
The Public Prosecutor demanded prison sentences of up to 30 years against the seven suspects in the mistaken identity murder of Amsterdam DJ Djordy Latumahina and the attempted murder of his girlfriend and daughter, NU.nl reports.
The police are looking for the person who wrote a 'death list' spread in and around Utrecht last week. The list links one Dutch-Moroccan man from Nieuwegein to 17 assassinations and attempted assassinations, RTL Nieuws reports based on information from website Boevennieuws.nl.
The man talked about on the list is Redouan T., the leader of a criminal gang, according to the broadcaster. The document contains information about the assassinations themselves and their background. The attacks described happened in the Netherlands, Spain and Morocco.
A 16-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the assassination of two men on Rijnauwensingel in Rotterdam in December. He is suspected of being involved in the preparation of this fatal shooting. The boy was 15 years old at the time, according to the police.
Three men from Amsterdam were arrested on suspicion of involvement in the assassination of Ali Motamed in Almere in December 2015, the police announced in a statement.
An 18-year-old from Rotterdam was arrested on suspicion of involvement in the assassination of two men in the Rotterdam neighborhood of Beverwaard late last year. The young man was still 17 at the time of the shooting, the police said in Opsporing Verzocht on Tuesday.
The police are convinced that the teenager did not act alone and are still looking for other suspects.
The Amsterdam mayor, police and Public Prosecutor are concerned about a seeming shift towards more invisible forms of crime in the Dutch the capital, they said in a report on Monday. With "invisible" crimes they refer to actions that are criminal in nature, but are socially embedded in neighborhoods and often out of the control and sight of the government, ANP reports.
A large proportion of this invisible crime has to do with conflicts in the drug world, according to the Amsterdam triangle. These crimes lead to arms trade, money laundering and assassinations.
The Amsterdam police are very concerned about the type of perpetrators involved in assassinations in the city. They often involve young amateurs, who will kill someone for as little as 3 thousand euros, Amsterdam police chief Pieter-Jaap Aalbersberg said to local broadcaster AT5 while discussing a recent shooting in which 17-year-old Mohammed Bouchikhi was killed at a community center on Grote Wittenburgerstraat.
The car used in a fatal shooting at a community center in Amsterdam on January 26th, was stolen in Houten on January 5th, the police revealed on Opsporing Verzocht on Tuesday night. 17-year-old Mohammed Bouchikhi, who worked as an intern at the community center on Grote Wittenburgerstraat, was killed in the shooting. Two others were injured.
A 17-year-old boy was killed and two others were injured in a shooting at a community center in the Amsterdam neighborhood of Wittenburg on Friday night. The boy was identified as Mohammed Bouchikhi. His family and scared local residents call on interim Amsterdam mayor Jozias van Aartsen to "do something" about the assassinations in the Dutch capital, the Telegraaf reports.
The police raided five homes in Utrecht, Bunschoten-Spakenburg and Amersfoort on Tuesday as part of a major investigation into a number of assassinations and attempted assassinations in the Utrecht region. Two persons from Bunschoten-Spakenburg, aged 24 and 33 years, were arrested. The police also seized four firearms and a number of other items, AD reports.
Known criminal Anass el Ajjouid was gunned down on Cornelis Springerstraat in Amsterdam Zuid on Wednesday, the police confirmed. The gunman fled in a light colored car, possibly with a bullet wound himself.
The shooting happened around 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Emergency services found the severely wounded El Ajjouid on the street. Attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful. He died at the scene.
Two men were killed in a shooting on Rhijnauwensingel in the Rotterdam neighborhood of Beverwaard around 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday. Given the large number of shots fired, the police believe this was an assassination. The victims were 25 and 26 years old, both from Rotterdam, RTL Nieuws report.
Two years of forensic investigation resulted in a small breakthrough in the investigation into a wild-west like shooting on De Clercqstraat in Amsterdam in May 2015. Two men fired between 10 and 20 shots with automatic firearms just after midnight on May 13th, 2015, leaving 25-year-old Youssef El Kahtaoui dead. The police found traces of DNA on one of the fired bullets, was revealed on Opsporing Verzocht on Tuesday.
A 43-year-old man from Nieuwegein was killed when perpetrators opened fire on his car on Apolloburg in Nieuwegein on Tuesday morning. This murder is connected to an assassination on the same street in 2013, 'well established sources' told AD.
One person was killed in a shooting in Nieuwegein on Tuesday morning, the police confirmed according to the Telegraaf. An unknown number of perpetrators opened fire on a car on the Apolloburg around 8:00 a.m. Five shots were fired, riddling the car's windshield with bullets, according to the newspaper.
A trauma helicopter responded to the scene. First responders tried to help the victim, but it was to no avail. The victim died at the scene. So far nothing is known about the victim's identity.
Another suspect was arrested in connection with the murder of 31-year-old Djordy Latumahina in Amsterdam in October last year. The police believe that this man was one of the two gunmen who killed the Amsterdam DJ, the Public Prosecutor confirmed to AD.
The suspect is a Caucasian man with blond hair who comes from the Amsterdam area, according to the newspaper. The other suspected gunman, Djurgen W., was previously arrested.
A 19-year-old man was killed in the shooting on Kattenburgerkade and Olifantswerf on Thursday morning, the police announced. Three other young men, aged 18 and 19, were taken to hospital with various injuries. None of them are in a life-threatening condition.
A suspect was arrested at the airport of Medellin in Colombia in connection with the execution of two Dutch persons in the Dominican Republic. Their bodies were found on a sugar cane plantation in the east of the Dominican Republic in June, RTL Nieuws reports.
The group of perpetrators suspected of assassinating Chahid Yakhlaf in Kerkdriel on 31 December 2015, planned another attack a month before Yahklaf's murder. The Public Prosecutor is accusing two of the suspected perpetrators, 38-year-old Don M. and 43-year-old Frans H., of a failed assassination that was planned to happen in Utrecht, Het Parool reports.
Klaas Otto, founder of outlaw motorcycle gang No Surrender, is pressing slander charges against Breda chief prosecutor Charles van der Voort and Bergen op Zoom mayor Frank Petter, his lawyer Louis de Leon confirmed to AD. The reason for the charges is recent publications in the Volkskrant and the Telegraaf in which Van der Voort linked Otto to two assassinations and Petter called him a professional criminal.