At least six Dutch women who went to join Islamic State in Syria and Iraq asked the Dutch courts to have them arrested. They are currently in Kurdish camps with 11 Dutch children, and hope to be able to return to the Netherlands in this way, AD reports.
A number of Dutch rebel fighters in the Syrian civil war want to return to the Netherlands now that ISIS is suffering huge losses in Raqqa and Mosul, the lawyers representing them said to NOS. But escaping from the conflict zone is difficult, according to the lawyers.
Two weeks ago the Dutch Public Prosecutor issued a summons for 10 suspected Dutch jihadists to appear in court today. As the suspects are believed to be in Syria or Iraq, the summons could not be personally delivered. So the Prosecutor found other ways to try and reach the suspects, including social media.
The Ministry of Security and Justice expanded the number of cells in the terrorism departments of the prisons in Vught and Rotterdam because there was not enough space to keep all the prisoners suspected of terrorism
The nine suspects in the large jihad trial will hear the court's verdict on Thursday. The Public Prosecutor demanded years long prison sentences against all of the suspects. They are suspected of offenses raging from inciting hatred to recruitment for the terrorist organizations fighting in the Syrian Civil War, all in a very organized manner, according to the Prosecutor
Terror suspect Mohamed B. was acquitted of preparing for a terrorist attack in the Netherlands by the court in Rotterdam on Tuesday. According to the judge, B. had no intention of actually carrying out an attack
Dutch intelligence service AIVD has once again been intercepting confidential conversations between lawyers and their clients, this time with law firm Seebregts & Saey in Rotterdam.
Terror suspect Mohamed B. will be released from custody with immediate effect, the court in Rotterdam decided on Friday. Earlier this week the Public Prosecutor demanded a 4 year prison sentence against him.
The Public Prosecutor demanded a prison sentence of four years against terror suspect Mohammed B. in the court of Rotterdam on Tuesday. B. is suspected of planning to commit a terrorist attack against the police and soldiers. According to the Public Prosecutor, B.'s plan is "a terrifying threat to our open and free society".
Suspected jihadist Mohamed B. will be hearing what punishment the Public Prosecutor demands against him in court on Tuesday
Suspected jihadist Mohamed B. wanted to blow up the American embassy in The Hague. According to the Public Prosecutor, B. said so in a Facebook chat with an acquaintance.
A number of suspected jihadists are turning to the court to complain about the "humiliating situations" in which they must undress and lift their genitals to be searched each time they have contact with the outside world. The suspects want a milder regime, or at least one that is personally tailored to them
Suspected jihadist Azzedine C., better known as Abou Moussa, wants PvdA parliamentarian Ahmed Marcouch to be questioned, his lawyer, André Seebregts said during a hearing in Amsterdam on Tuesday.
Suspected jihadist Mohamed B. only claimed to support terrorist organization Islamic State to seduce women. His statements about wanting to travel to an ISIS area was never intended to be taken seriously.
The court in Rotterdam decided that the terrorist suspect Mohammed B. (27) will remain in custody for the time being. According to the court, there is enough evidence to keep him in custody. B. appeared in court for the first time today.
Terrorist suspect Sabir K. will not be extradited to the United States, the court in The Hague ruled today. This is the second time that his extradition has been prohibited by the court.
The alleged jihad recruiter Azzedine C., better known as Abou Moussa, is suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This his lawyer, André Seebregts, said yesterday. Seebregts advocated for lifting C.'s custody.
Terrorist suspect Sabir K. was arrested last week Thursday to be extradited to the United States. But the court decided on Tuesday to set him free again.
In the case against suspected jihadi recruiter 'Abou Moussa', the examining judge has been taken from the case because the commissioning judge has aroused suspicions of bias, and has been replaced, the Algemeen Dagblad reports.