Bad cannabis the possible motive behind Enschede quadruple murder: report
Four men being murdered in a grow shop in Enschede earlier this month may be the result of a conflict over bad cannabis cuttings, sources from the Twente cannabis world told RTV Oost. Three suspects, a 57-year-old father and his two sons aged 30 and 32, bought a batch of cannabis cuttings that turned out to be of poor quality. They went to the grow shop to get their money back and things got out of hand, according to the broadcaster's sources.
According to the sources, the conflict between the two parties has been going on for over 18 months. Then the suspects bought over 2 thousand cannabis cuttings from the grow shop. It later turned out that they had received cuttings that were far less powerful than the plants they had ordered. As a result, the suspects lost tens of thousands of euros, money that they went to demand back on November 13th, the day of the murders.
Everyone in the Twente cannabis world is convinced that the quadruple murder could not possibly have been committed by one perpetrator, according to the broadcaster. "The victims were found at two locations in the grow shop, fairly far apart. To prevent people from getting way, they must have entered the premises through the front and back at the same time", one source said. The owner of the grow shop was found lying dead at the open back door. "He tried to run."
Two of the victims were in the grow shop by chance, but were murdered because there couldn't be any witnesses, the broadcaster's sources said.
On November 13th four men were found murdered in a business building on Van Leeuwenhoekstraat in Enschede. The police previously released photos of the four victims - Tuan Nguyen, Artur Sargsyan, Mijkel Akfidan and Max Klaassen - in the hopes that the public can provide more information about their whereabouts and activities in the days leading up to their death. Nguyen and Sargsyan were previously arrested after a large amount of cannabis was found in the same building they were killed in.
The 57-year-old father and his 32-year-old son were arrested on suspicion of involvement in the murders on Monday. They are also suspected of involvement in an assault in Hengelo on November 7th. The 30-year-old son's arrest was announced on Tuesday.
Two other persons were arrested on the same day as the murders. Both have since been released from custody and are no longer suspects in this case.