Cockroach in soup closes Amsterdam restaurant

The Dutch food and consumer product safety authority NVWA closed restaurant Kam Yin on Warmoesstraat in Amsterdam after a customer found a cockroach in his soup, AT5 reports.

The customer in question got the soup as a takeaway on Saturday and found the bug when he got home. He , after which NVWA inspectors visited the restaurant.

"Our inspection showed that there are indeed problems with cockroaches and hygiene", a NVWA spokesperson confirmed to the broadcaster. 

The restaurant was closed with immediate effect. The owners have to properly clean the establishment, before they can request a new NVWA inspection. The doors will only reopen if the restaurant passes the new inspection. 

Tags: