Wednesday, 24 May 2017 - 10:45
Netherlands issued 23 Amber Alerts last year; 22 kids returned safe
In 2016 Amber Alerts were issued for a total of 23 missing children in the Netherlands, according to the annual report the organization presented on Wednesday. 22 of these kids were returned unharmed, ANP reports.
In 21 of the Amber Alert cases, the kids were found and returned home within a month. The average age of the kids involved was 11 years. 61 percent of them were girls, the other 39 percent boys.
The only still unsolved Amber Alert case from last year is that of 3-year-old Insiya Hemani. The little girl was abducted by her father from Amsterdam in September and taken to India. Last month Minister Bert Koenders of Foreign Affairs pleaded with the Indian authorities to help in the return of the girl.