Tuesday, August 30, 2016 - 07:55
Three Polish women hurt in nursery fire
Three seasonal workers were hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a nursery in Nuenen caught fire during the early hours of Tuesday morning. The three Polish women were staying in one of the nursery's sheds, AD reports. The fire started around midnight. An alert neighbor alerted the authorities. The fire department believes the fire started in a room with tractors and machines. Several firefighting units responded to fight the fire, which was under control around 1:15 a.m. The three injured women were taken to hospitals in Geldorp and Eindhoven by ambulance. No one else was in the building. The building was constructed only three years ago and contains no asbestos. The building may be written off as lost.