Most misleading food marketing nominees include several store brands
Food watchdog Foodwatch announced their nominees for the most misleading product awards. Their list includes several store brands, including Albert Heijn's cranberries and mini butter almond bar.
Consumers can vote for the most misleading product on the food watchdog's website.
Here follows the nominees and a short description of why they are on the list, according to Foodwatch:
- Plus Peanut Butter Light - less fat, but 451 percent more sugar
- AH mini butter almond bar - almost half of the packaging is completely empty
- Appelsientje half-sweet - half sweet because it is their regular juice diluted with water
- AH cranberries - covered in a thick layer of sugar syrup
- Liga Milk Strawberry - contains 0.03 percent strawberry powder and the rest is mostly sugar
- Aldi pasta with truffle - only contains about 0.0006 percent truffle
- Rude Health Almond Drink - only contains 1 percent almonds