Thursday, 16 July 2015 - 11:19
Carbon monoxide leak sends dozens to hospital
A carbon monoxide leak in a home on Slotboomstraat in Rotterdam on Wednesday sent 13 people to the hospital, safety office Rijnmond Veilig confirmed to NU. Emergency services responded to Slotboomstraat after reports of a strange odor on Wednesday night. The fire department found that the source of the carbon monoxide was an aggregate that was used indoors. Six surrounding homes were evacuated. The 24 residents of these homes were all examined and 13 had to be taken to the hospital. The fire brigade took measurements and ventilated the homes. The residents were then allowed to return to their homes. So far there is no information about the condition of the 13 hospitalized victims.