Friday, March 13, 2015 - 10:08
Over 25 pct. drive when drowsy
More than a quarter of Dutch motorists and truck drivers get behind the wheel when feeling drowsy. Of them 60 percent actually take on the road, assuming that "alertness" will come while driving. The remaining 40 percent decide at the last moment to rather take the bus or train. This is according to a recent survey done by the Netherlands Society for Sleep and Wake Research (NSWO) among 1,500 respondents. One in ten drivers indicated that they are sometimes so sleepy that it is really irresponsible to drive. Only 43 percent stated that they are always well rested when driving.