Wednesday, 3 December 2014 - 08:02
Six people rescued from balconies in Hague fire
Six people were rescued from balconies on Erasmusweg in The Hague this morning after a fire broke out in their apartment building. They took refuge on the balconies while the fire raged in one of the apartments. Seven people inhaled smoke, but no on had to go to the hospital. The fire was discovered around 02:00 this morning. According to residents it was caused by burning candles. Their apartment is completely burnt out. The seven other apartments in the building were evacuated. The inhabitants were allowed to return to their homes after the fire departed inspected the building. Last week the fire department of the Hague rescued five people from a burning building on Regentesselaan.