A Rotterdam-Feyenoord fire department truck (AlfvanBeem/Wikimedia) - Credit: A Rotterdam-Feyenoord fire department truck (AlfvanBeem/Wikimedia)
Monday, March 3, 2014 - 17:35
CO Poisoning kills Amsterdammer, 25
A 25-year-old man died from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning in Amsterdam-Oost. His body was found in a home in the Oosterpark neighborhood on Sunday, announced the fire department.The fire department received a call around 11:30, but when they arrived at the scene the victim was already deceased. The home contained a lethal concentration of CO. The upstairs neighbor was taken to a hospital, because he wasn't feeling well either. His home also contained the CO. A malfunctioning gas heater and possibly poor ventilation were to blame.