Sunday, 5 January 2014 - 12:07
Man, dog hurt in gas explosion
A man and his dog sustained injuries early Sunday morning when the gas in his house exploded. The incident happened in Haps, North Brabant. Police suspect the 36-year-old man may have forgotten to turn off the gas, which led to the explosion. He had only a few weeks ago moved into the house. He got serious burns and was dazed, but was able to stumble out of the house and request help from the neighbors, police say. A dog that was also in the house was also injured. The animal was taken to the vet. The man was taken to a hospital in Rotterdam.