A Rotterdam-Feyenoord fire department truck (AlfvanBeem/Wikimedia) - Source: A Rotterdam-Feyenoord fire department truck (AlfvanBeem/Wikimedia) at
Thursday, December 12, 2013 - 09:22
31 Hospitalized for Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
31 people in a Rotterdam apartment building were brought to a hospital overnight after reporting symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. The people were evacuated from nine homes in a Rotterdam Zuid apartment building. Five of the patients were admitted to hospitals for observation, while the rest were treated for mild symptoms and released. https://twitter.com/JelleGunneweg/status/411009441631592448/ The high carbon monoxide level was linked to a water boiler in the building's ground floor cafe. The fire department was called in to the building on Martin Steijnstraat. After measuring carbon monoxide levels in the apartments they made the decision to clear the building. Paramedics treated patients at the scene. Residents were allowed back in their homes as of 3:15 am.