Wednesday, 17 July 2013 - 07:42
Dutch Consulate in Istanbul Catches Fire
The Netherlands Consulate General in Istanbul, Turkey caught fire today. Travel Aficionado/flickr Employees alarmed the firefighters and the respondents immediately arrived at the scene. The staff were able to get away and were all safe. The rescuers extinguished and controlled the flame. The fire came from the boiler room of the Dutch Consulate General. According to authorities, the fire on the electric panel most likely broke out because of overloading of air conditioners in the building. No injury or casualty was reported.