The Public Prosecutor issued an official and public summons to 10 Dutch men believed to be fighting for terrorist organization ISIS in Syria and Iraq. These men are summoned to attend a pretrial hearing in the court of Rotterdam on March 23rd, the Prosecutor said in a statement on the police website.
Another 10 Dutch names were added to the Netherlands' national terrorism list. The list now contains 100 names - 86 men, 11 women and three organizations, RTL Nieuws reports.
Most of the names on the list involve people believed to be involved in terrorist activities in Syria and Iraq.
The bank accounts and assets of everyone on the list have been frozen, which means they can no longer access the money in their accounts. This measure is intended to make it more difficult for terrorist activities to be funded from the Netherlands.
The Dutch prosecutor's office, OM, waited about four days to notify the cabinet that the man suspected of carrying out a terrorist attack in Berlin also spent time in the Netherlands after the incident. Dutch authorities ultimately notified Minister Ard van der Steur (Security and Justice) that the suspect, Anis Amri, traveled through the Netherlands, Van der Steur said in answer to parliamentary questions on Thursday.
Opposition parties were angered by the delay in notifying the cabinet minister, calling it an apparent lack of urgency among the Dutch authorities.
Maastricht suspected terrorist is returning to the Netherlands next week, according to Limburg broadcaster L1. Serbia is extraditing the very pregnant 26-year-old woman and she is scheduled to land on Schiphol airport on Thursday.
Ramona S. was arrested in Belgrade with her Belgian-Turkish husband seven weeks ago. The authorities suspect her of trying to travel to Syria with the intent of joining a terrorist organization.
The court in Amsterdam will rule on Thursday on whether suspected terrorist Anis B. can be extradited to France, the Telegraaf reports. B. was arrested in Rotterdam in March at France's request after he was identified in a terrorism investigation in the country.
A Syrian asylum seeker who was arrested last year because he told other asylum seekers in a Zaandam shelter that he was a fighter for ISIS and Al-Qaeda, may bee innocent. Behavioral scientists consider it likely that now 19-year-old Mohanned B. told these stories to survive, Dutch newspaper AD reports based on expert reports.
The court in Maastricht released 26 year old suspected terrorist Mohammed G. from custody on Wednesday. The Public Prosecutor is considering an appeal against the release.
The motive behind the attack outside an event showcasing cartoons of the prophet Muhammad in Garland, Texas on Sunday, remains a mystery. The American Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson said in a statement on Monday that law enforcement authorities are investigating the circumstances around the attack.
One of the suspects that was killed in the shooting in Garland, Texas on Sunday has been identified as Elton Simpson from Arizona, who has previously been a suspect in an investigation into terrorism.
The court in Rotterdam decided that the terrorist suspect Mohammed B. (27) will remain in custody for the time being. According to the court, there is enough evidence to keep him in custody. B. appeared in court for the first time today.