The Public Prosecutor ordered the arrest of 22-year-old Adam V.B. on Tuesday in order to make certain that he attends his trial in the court of Zwolle on Wednesday. V.B. is accused of raping a 12-year-old girl on a train and the possession of child pornography. The Spanish man escaped trial twice before by not appearing in the courtroom, AD reports.
An asylum seeker living in the Netherlands was convicted of the rape and attempted murder of a 17-year-old girl in Kampen, a panel of judges in Zwolle, Overijssel ruled on Thursday. The Sudanese-born man, Samuel T., was sentenced to 12 years in prison for the attack in the early morning hours of September 4, 2016. During the trial, T., 33, said he would accept any punishment and was not planning an appeal.
Samuel T., suspected of raping a 17-year-old-girl in Kampen last year, confessed to the rape, but denies trying to kill her. "I have no words to explain how I feel. I have completely ruined her future", the 33-year-old suspect said in court on Thursday, De Stentor reports.
A court of appeals sentenced Utrecht serial rapist Gerard T. to 16 years in prison on Wednesday, thereby upholding his previous sentence. T. was found guilty of raping four women. He was also suspected of 18 other rape cases over several years starting in 1995, but there was not enough evidence to prosecute him for these, NU.nl reports.
Three teenage boys are in custody for gang raping a 35-year-old woman from Schiedam, Rotterdam in November last year. A magistrate remanded them into custody for two weeks on Thursday, Eindhovens Dagblad reports.
The suspects, 15-year-old twins and a 16-year-old friend, were taken from their beds and arrested on Monday morning. The gang rape happened on the twins' 15th birthday, according to the newspaper.
On Tuesday the police arrested two brothers in Eindhoven on suspicion of involvement in a brutal robbery and rape in a chalet in Schaijk in 2009. New information led investigators to the suspects, the police said in a statement on Wednesday. The suspects, age 26 and 28 years, are in custody for further investigation.
A Dutch man arrested in Germany on the suspicion that he raped an asylum seeker in the shelter that he runs, has been released. A WhatsApp chat conversation suggests that the man and woman had a consensual and "intimate love relationship", a court in Arnsberg decided, ANP reports.
The charge against the man, Paul van M., was filed by a 22-year-old Syrian asylum seeker who lived in the shelter he runs in Germany. She told the authorities that she had been raped at least four times, became pregnant and had an abortion.
The Dutch government is discussing a proposal for a major new investigation into violence used by Dutch in Indonesia in the late 40's. This follows the results of years of research by historian Remy Limpach that found that "systemic violence" was used in the former Dutch East Indies, RTL Nieuws reports.
The Public Prosecutor filed an appeal in the case surrounding the rape and murder of Nicole van den Hurk in 1995. Earlier this month suspect Jos de G. was found guilty of raping the 15-year-old girl and sentenced to 5 years in prison. But the court acquitted him of killing the Eindoven teen.
A repeat sex offender managed to open up a home for foster children five years ago, without anyone realizing that the children were not safe in his custody, Dutch newspapers AD and Gelderlander report based on their own research.
Jolanda van der Wijden, step-mother of in 1995 raped and murdered Nicole van den Hurk, "flipped out" when the court acquitted Jos de G. of killing the 15-year-old girl on Monday, she said while discussing the court ruling on RTL Late Night on Tuesday.
Ron P., convicted for the 1994 rape and murder of air hostess Christel Ambrosius in Putten, is innocent, according to scientist and author Ton Derksen. If this is true, P. is third man to be wrongly convicted for the young woman's death, Omroep Gelderland reports.
Ron P. was sentenced to 18 in years in prison for rape and murder in 2011. Before him two other men, Herman Dubois and Wilco Viets, were convicted, spent time in jail and the acquitted for the same case.
Psychiatric clinic De Rooyse Wissel wants convicted rapist Jos de G. to be sentenced to a longer period of institutionalized psychiatric treatment, an expert from the clinic said in the court in Den Bosch on Wednesday. According to him, if De G. is released there is a long-term risk that he will rape someone again, the Telegraaf reports.
The family of murdered 15-year-old Nicole van den Hurk is absolutely stunned that suspect Jos de G. was acquitted of killing her. De G. was found guilty of raping the gilr in 1995 and sentenced to five years in prison. Nicole's father Ad van den Hurk called the ruling a "huge disappointment" in an interview with the Telegraaf.
Family members left the courtroom sobbing as a judge in Den Bosch acquitted a man -repeatedly accused of sexual offences- of manslaughter in the 1995 death of teen Nicole van den Hurk. The not-guilty verdict was read shortly after the court convicted him of rape in the attack on the victim. The crime remained an open cold case until a DNA match led to the arrest of Jos de G. in 2014.
Today the court in Den Bosch will rule in the case surrounding the murder of 15-year-old Nicole van den Hurk in 1995. Suspect Jos de G. faces 14 years in prison. "Of course you can never live with a punishment that will never be high enough for someone who killed your daughter", father Ad van den Hurk said on Omroep Brabant program Kraak on Sunday. "But it is the highest punisment the court can impose."
Ad van den Hurk verbally attacked Jos de G., the suspect in the rape and murder of his daughter Nicole, in the Den Bosch court during the last day of the trial on Thursday. Among other things, he called De G. a "breathing flesh heap" and creature" and blamed him for showing no remorse for what he did to his daughter, the Telegraaf reports.
There will be no new judges on the trial on the rape and murder of 15-year-old Nicole van den Hurk in 1995. On Wednedsay the court in Den Bosch denied a recusal request filed by the girl's family
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs denies that the Netherlands was negligent in the case of Romano van der Dussen, who spent 12 years in a Spanish jail for a rape he did not commit
Romano van der Dussen plans to sue the Dutch government for the 12 years he spent in a Spanish prison for a crime he did not commit, NRC reports. The Dutch man feels that the Netherlands was "seriously negligent" in his case and he therefore plans to demand compensation.
Murdered Nicole van den Hurk's family submitted a recusal request. They want the judges currently on the case to be replaced because they feel the judges don't take them seriously. The family also thinks the judges may be biased
The Public Prosecutor demanded 14 years in prison against Jos de G. in court on Wednesday for the rape and killing of 15-year-old Nicole van den Hurk in 1995. De G. faces charges of rape and manslaughter.
Romano van der Dussen is suing the Spanish government for 6 million euros in compensation. The Dutch man spent 12 years, or 4,400 days, in seven different Spanish prisons on a wrongful conviction of rape
The court in Utrecht convicted Michel van L. from Vianen of sexually abusing children and making and distributing child pornography. He was sentenced to four years in prison and institutionalized psychiatric treatment